Big Sky Retirement is an independent, locally owned third party administration (TPA) firm located in Helena, MT. We specialize in retirement plan design, consulting and administration for small to mid-sized businesses. Our approach is to partner with local financial advisors and investment platforms to provide a best in class retirement plan solution for our clients. We value our relationships with our clients as well as our partners in the financial services industry.
Designing the right retirement plan for a business is critical to the success of this important benefit. Our approach is to listen and learn about our client’s objectives and then design the right plan that best meets those goals. We will provide plan design illustrations custom suited to your business, and then provide support and full-service administration of the plan on an on-going basis.
- Design & consult with the client on the appropriate retirement plan based on employer objectives and demographics
- Provide the plan and trust document, Summary Plan Description (SPD), Safe Harbor Notice, Election & Beneficiary Forms
- Collect all census data to perform year end duties
- Reconcile all employee and employer contributions made to the trust
- Calculate and/or reconcile and review employer contributions
- Determine all plan provisions (eligibility, vesting, correct compensation, etc.)
- Process all loan and distribution requests
- Provide annual participant statements
- Perform all compliance testing, including recommending ways to satisfy these tests and/or ways to correct failed testing. This includes testing and monitoring certain limits under IRC sections 401(a)(4), 401(k), 401(m), 402(g), 404(a), 410(b), 415, & 416.
- File all annual government forms, including but not limited to Form 5500, 8955-SSA, 5558, 5300, 1099-R, 945 and 1096.
- Provide an annual reporting package for plan sponsor
- Assist with QDROs
- On-going recommendations and updates based on legislative changes
- Assist with third party or IRS audits or special projects
- Ensure that the plan is compliant, both in form and operationally, in all aspects of ERISA and the Internal Revenue Code.